Banjo Ben

Big trouble in Little China .

Any and all topics and posts that don't belong in the other forums should be posted in this little catch-all.

Big trouble in Little China .

Postby welder4 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:12 pm

I said I would update everyone when needed. Next wed or thur I will go into the hospital at Grandview to have a triple by pass as the three blockages are not stintable . For to long I have suspected this would happen . The one that I grew on my own is blocked 100 % and is not stintable . I just got home from five days in the hospital. Had angina pain and have not felt that in over 20 years.
This is pretty serious stuff, may not make it this time, being 73 it takes a lot of snuff out of you . I had open heart in 1980 and been having trouble ever since. I will not sugar coat it it is not going to be easy on me . pray for me is what I ask of each of you it is the ultimate one can do is to ask our Lord to heal someone . I will make sure you are notified if I can't do it like in the hospital or just to sick . but you will know. I have one of the top surgeons so I do have trust in his ability to keep me alive. In the meantime play your instrument for me and most of all for yourself. Enjoy this wonderful music that has been provided by the Lord.
It's not as hot as it is was it! Sometimes making no sense at all makes sense .

Ken
welder4

Re: Big trouble in Little China .

Postby mreisz » Fri May 19, 2017 3:50 pm

Thanks for the update. They have made many advances since 1980, so you will have that on your side. I'll be praying for you next week!
Mike

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
mreisz

Postby jbsjr » Fri May 19, 2017 4:45 pm

Definitely be praying for you and your family Ken. Mike is right about the advances in technology since 1980 and it is a good point. Nowadays with the new technology and advanced methods, patients experience much less trauma from major surgeries than they did years ago. Once again, we will be praying and I will put you on our church prayer list as well.

God Bless

John
John
Johnstown, PA
jbsjr

Postby welder4 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:46 pm

I can not tell you how much I appreciate all of you , I have made some great friendships here . just remember I am an old country boy at heart with a love for bluegrass and Rock an Roll LOL what a combination . I might woop out a rendition of Johnie B Goode lol tonight I remember every word of it .

Ken
welder4

Postby Bulldog » Sun May 21, 2017 5:33 am

Wow Ken if I read your post right you had open heart when you were in your 30's. You've been fighting this battle for a while. We're all wishing the best for you this time. You'll certainly be in our prayers this week.
Bulldog

Postby jwpropane » Mon May 22, 2017 4:16 am

Will certainly be praying for you Ken! Sounds like you're in good hands with the surgeons and God is always able to heal. There are many people praying for you!

God Bless,
J.W.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way you're right... Henry Ford
jwpropane

Postby welder4 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:43 am

June the 2nd at 8:00 AM surgery . at Grandview hospital in Dayton Ohio .

Ken
welder4

Postby oldhat » Mon May 22, 2017 10:33 am

Wishing you the best Ken and am praying for your speedy recovery. Wife has been on the "directors" level in the medical filed for a long time...I'm just a dumb old country boy myself but i do keep up with her and her field. Like others have stated there have been a lot o advances in medical procedures through the years, so keep your chin up trough thee trying times. Yo'll be in pretty good hands at Grandview, wife worked there for awhile when we live in the Dayton area and it's full off a lot of good folks.

If you ae not able ot play for awhile, then may i suggest closing your eyes and hear those notes as you watch those fingers hit the strings...I don't count sheep to go to sleep each night I instead either do scale practice or play a tune in my head and visualize my fingers playing it.

God luck buddy.
oldhat

Postby welder4 » Sun May 28, 2017 4:34 pm

Always learning,what a great idea.

Ken
welder4

Postby jwpropane » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:41 am

Hope all goes well for you today Ken. Unless things have changed, today is your surgery date. We'll definitely be praying for you, your family and of course the surgeons, doctors and nurses involved.

Keep us posted as soon as you are able,

God Bless!
J.W.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way you're right... Henry Ford
jwpropane

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat