Banjo Ben

The new site's forum thread attachments

Any and all topics and posts that don't belong in the other forums should be posted in this little catch-all.

The new site's forum thread attachments

Postby mreisz » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:59 pm

Howdy all,

As you know Ben's new site is coming online soon. The new site will have a forum (yay). The forum's text contents will be ported over, but in order to move the attachments it would have required jumping through many hoops (both costly and time consuming). Ben was concerned about the loss of content and how it would affect us (the Banjo Ben community). It seemed to be shaping up to be a fairly formidable task, and I told Ben that I thought the forum community would understand if everything didn't get ported over. Then I thought we could go one step further and help him out by moving things that matter to us.

This purpose of this thread is two-fold:
1) Just to give you all a head's up. If there are any attachments that you want to have in the future, download it to your personal system. Things that will not get moved include anything that is not thread text. This includes images, avatars, MP3s, TEFs, PDFs and all other thread attachments.
2) I am planning on grabbing some items from some threads that I have particular interest in (particularly the collaboration and theory items) and then putting them back up on the new forums. If there are several others interested, we could get organized and cover specific threads. It's kind of a divide and conquer strategy (that's szalámitaktika for those who speak Hungarian or others who have seen the movie "Arrival").

If you have any questions, please post them here. If you are interested in helping move some of the attachments, this is the place as well. Thanks!
Mike

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
mreisz

Re: The new site's forum thread attachments

Postby Banjo Ben » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:02 pm

Thank y'all so much! I can't WAIT for the new stuff coming soon!
- G LICK!!!
Banjo Ben
Site Admin

Re: The new site's forum thread attachments

Postby mreisz » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:51 pm

In order to avoid duplication of effort, I'll pass along that I have saved the attachments of the threads under the theory section. It was probably the easiest category, so that where I started.
Mike

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
mreisz

Return to General Chit-Chat