Banjo Ben

Member Locations

Any and all topics and posts that don't belong in the other forums should be posted in this little catch-all.

Re: Member Locations

Postby 5stringpreacher » Mon May 05, 2014 6:54 am

It shows ExFiddler from San Angelo, TX as in Monterey, Mexico; citadelpilot from Columbus, MS in the Wichita Falls, TX area; and Devin from Dallas, TX in Northern Oklahoma right off of I-35.

Is there something wrong with Google, or is it my browser?
I pick, therefore I grin.
5stringpreacher

Postby mreisz » Mon May 05, 2014 8:12 am

I am seeing the same thing. I suspect somebody might have accidentally moved some people's markers around. It's easy to move them without realizing it.
Mike

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
mreisz

Postby ldpayton » Mon May 05, 2014 10:50 am

I imagine Mike is right. I do try to clean up the map periodically, and I've even found Ben's marker dragged to the wrong place in the past. The markers that get dragged out into the ocean are easy to see, but the one's like you just pointed out are harder to find. Thanks for mentioning them. I just dragged them back close to where they should be.

I also delete markers that get placed but don't have a name associated with them, so if any of you placed a marker and don't see it now, it's because it was generically named "Placemark" and I assumed it was created by accident.
Larry
ldpayton

Postby Jim_G » Tue May 06, 2014 7:43 am

I just added myself in, hope that's okay. Sure does look like it would be easy to blow it, but I'm pretty sure I didn't. I don't get to say that often.
Jim_G

Postby ldpayton » Mon May 12, 2014 1:05 am

I figured you were already on the map, Jim, given that you've been around here for a while. Looks like you got yourself added without blowing up the map. :D
Larry
ldpayton

Postby Super 55 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:14 pm

Hey, I'm not only the only BC that tag on to the map, but I have to represent Canada. Such pressure. I like this site so much, I thought there would be a lot more on the map.
Super 55

Postby mreisz » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:19 am

Super 55 wrote:I like this site so much, I thought there would be a lot more on the map.

We are glad to have another pin! I think that there are quite a few members who don't post in the forums (or get on the map).
Mike

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
mreisz

Postby ricbaugus » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:36 am

Hello everyone, New member here from Southeastern Ohio. If someone would be nice enough to add me to the map, I would be quite greatfull. Many thanks ! Recently started learning to pick the Mandolin as my late Father wished, by leaving me his beautiful 1955 Birdseye Maple Solid body Electric " Harvey " with a Bigsby pickup. Thanks Dad for such a fine instument as well as a great piece of music history, and thanks Ben for teaching me to play it. Hope you all had a safe and Happy Thanksgiving !
ricbaugus

Postby ldpayton » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:03 am

I haven't been on the forum in a bit, what with the Thanksgiving holiday, but I've got you added to the map now, ricbaugus.

I wasn't familiar with Glenford, but I see I've been in your neighborhood for shows at the Buckeye Lake Amphitheater.

Welcome to the site. There is a lot to learn here. Hope you have fun with it.
Larry
ldpayton

Postby TheOtherMarshal » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:05 am

Howdy all,

Upon recommendation I have added my pin to the map right in the heart of the beautiful Bluegrass state... home of pretty women and fast horses, or was that fast women and pretty horses? I don't know.

T.O.M.
TheOtherMarshal
I'm just a poor wayfarin' stranger, while travelin' through this world below.
+++++++++++
Taylor 814ce
Fender F-260s
Huber Truetone
iida 5-String
Sore Fingers
TheOtherMarshal

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit-Chat