Banjo Ben

Easy playing

Git-fiddle, six-string, or axe--It doesn't matter what you call 'em, they all boil down to one thing: Guitars! Check here for Tips, tricks, and overall love for this wonderful instrument.

Easy playing

Postby welder4 » Fri May 12, 2017 10:50 am

There is a lot to be said about the acoustic guitar the sound and the feel . but sometimes it is better to go with what is easy. I was fortunate enough to have a Fender strat that is 28 years old that is like a new one, little dent and not noticeable. any way I garnered the courage to play it again and was surprised at how quick I adjusted to the feel and the playing of it . I am going back to my first love and that is old rock and some surf music . Will I go back to the acoustic , Yes! but I will keep both at my side so I will not give up the best two instruments I have . Pipeline , Sleepwalk, Memphis, Walk don't run, and so many more I used to play . I actually recorded "Nothing to it" on the fender, back up also and it turned out ok . Enjoy that music you love, life is short so learn all you can and this is a great place to learn.
It's not as hot as it is was it! Sometimes making no sense at all makes sense .

Ken
welder4

Re: Easy playing

Postby jwpropane » Fri May 12, 2017 5:20 pm

welder4 wrote:any way I garnered the courage to play it again and was surprised at how quick I adjusted to the feel and the playing of it . I am going back to my first love and that is old rock and some surf music .

Ken, that's great! Play whatever makes you happy and what you enjoy, the important thing is to keep playing! Just keep us all posted here on the BB forum.

Thanks,
J.W.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way you're right... Henry Ford
jwpropane

Postby welder4 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:29 am

I might repeat myself but have been going through some difficult times . I do apologize for that ,repeating myself . I found a lot of good people here and just want to stay in touch . I am still learning new stuff and enjoying what I learn .

Ken
welder4

Postby mreisz » Sat May 13, 2017 9:24 am

I can't speak for anyone else, but I always like hearing from you!
Mike

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
mreisz

Postby jbsjr » Sat May 13, 2017 11:15 am

Ken

I have always enjoyed listening and hearing from you. I admire your fortitude and your sense of humor as well. I am really impressed that you keep playing and I have been somewhat inspired by your determination. Don't stop!! God bless.

John
John
Johnstown, PA
jbsjr

Postby welder4 » Sat May 13, 2017 7:20 pm

What you and Mike said could not have come at a better time, The stinking meds failed me again I felt good for a few weeks may two and now I am almost back where I was . I will overcome this with the Lord's help. You know you are getting old (to 0ld) when you sit at a stop sign waiting for it to change to green. I actually did this, I did not sit long but long enough LOL.

Ken
welder4

Postby mreisz » Sat May 13, 2017 10:40 pm

Hang in there Ken. I bet it is frustrating, but having you around is worth the effort :D Get those meds worked out. I love the story about waiting for the stop sign to turn green. It sounds like something I would do.
Mike

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
mreisz

Postby oldhat » Mon May 29, 2017 11:47 pm

"I love the story about waiting for the stop sign to turn green."

Me too. Sounds like a good line in a bluegrass song.
oldhat

Postby Harv » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:14 am

Hey Ken,
So inspiring to hear how you got back to your roots.
Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

Your Pal,

Harv
All things work together for good.
Harv

Return to Guitars