Banjo Ben

Duelin' Banjos song

Ain't nothin' in the world like a 5-strang banjer...learn more about playing the banjo, and mingle with other like-minded players here!

Duelin' Banjos song

Postby Codywrestler » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:59 pm

Hi, fellow banjo players,
Does anyone know what happened to the Duelin' Banjos video on here? Does anyone know where a good tab and video is for that song? Thanks!
Codywrestler

Re: Duelin' Banjos song

Postby Codywrestler » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:00 pm

Also, if anyone knows of a good tab and video for Mumford and Sons "I Will Wait?' Thanks!
Codywrestler

Postby bluenote23 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:59 pm

A while back, someone who had the publishing rights for a lot of old songs began threatening a lot of online lesson providers with legal action because they were using 'their' music in their lessons.

Ben had to, at least temporarily, remove a few songs while he works out the legal implications.

Can't help with the Mumford tune but their banjo parts don't seem too complicated but are fast. So you need to be very familiar with your banjo to play this stuff easily. It's mostly like playing really fast backup. This sounds easy but I've been at this for four years now and am just getting there...
bluenote23

Postby Rockil » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:18 am

here is the Mumford and sons I will wait I found it on banjo hangout http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0150/5 ... ab.pdf?358
Rockil

Postby bluenote23 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:30 pm

Though you won't be able to play along with any recordings of the song, if you don't want to completely retune the banjo to play the tab, just spike the 5th string to A (7th fret).

Like I said, this is all about playing really, really fast and in time. This just means that you are so used to playing that you don't need to think anymore about what you are doing and you just do it kind of automatically.

Keep practicing.
bluenote23

Postby Codywrestler » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:09 pm

Thanks for the replies, definitely some helpful information! I will keep practicing as I'm not even close to being a speedy player yet.
Codywrestler

Return to Banjos