Banjo Ben

Netgrass: Lost Highway

Banjo Ben forum members collaborate online to make recordings. Here is where you can find their projects.

Re: Netgrass: Lost Highway

Postby hugokleinhans » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:44 am

Wow, amazing job guys! It really sounds awesome. Maybe I could do a very basic banjo backing as well as some vocal harmonies? I'll give it a go anyway and you guys can decide if it works or not.

Have to say again, it sounds sooooo so good. :D
My bluegrass/folk/country solo project:
Reverend Pat & The Choirboys
http://soundcloud.com/thechoirboys
hugokleinhans

Postby ldpayton » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:09 am

Cool! Add whatever you would like, Hugo. I think I'll wait on a dobro re-record until I see what you come up with. It's good to have you back.

Ozi, sounds like things are getting rough, and you must have a lot of fire season still to come.
Larry
ldpayton

Postby ozicaveman » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:18 pm

Yes, we knew it would be a bad one as a lot of spring growth then predictions for high temps for summer. The fire to our north is currently under control after taking out 30,000 acres of bush and grazing land, however it is winding up again for the coming weekend. My place is surrounded by bushland (nearest neighbours about 3 miles away) and luckily during the 2003 fires the State Forestry blokes came in and started a backburn 50 yards from our house (to protect their pine plantations on the other side of our place) just before the fires got to us. 10 years on and there is a lot of leaf litter out in the bush again.
Perform random acts of kindness.
ozicaveman

Postby ldpayton » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:32 pm

As if the fires weren't enough, now you've got the red wave! Looks like that wasn't too close to you, though.

I put some mando on oldhat's Lonesome Fiddle Blues project. If you're still surviving okay, I think you should slap some bass on it.
Larry
ldpayton

Postby ozicaveman » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:41 am

Will do as soon as I have time (hopefully in next few days), if that's ok with Jesse.

Winds dropped today - good as that is the main worry for shifts of fire front to north of us. Things cooled down today round here, though nearly 50 degC in some parts up north and fires for them.
Seems like a few days of respite here then back up to 40 by the end of the week.

By the way for those who are tired of trawling GC in search, or were disappointed by Santa, here is an easy option.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r-LveJuNo8 8-)
Perform random acts of kindness.
ozicaveman

Postby mreisz » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:06 pm

Edible instruments... How can you beat that?
Mike

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
mreisz

Postby ldpayton » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:10 pm

I want my nose flute baked with butter and sour cream.

Following ozi's link lead me down the strange path of musical veggies.

Here's Grandfather's Clock on a radish:
phpBB [video]
Larry
ldpayton

Postby mreisz » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:58 pm

I think I actually understood a word. I think he said Daikon. I didn't even know I spoke Japanese. Now I just have to work on the other words.
Mike

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
mreisz

Postby Oldhat » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:14 pm

ozicaveman wrote:Will do as soon as I have time (hopefully in next few days), if that's ok with Jesse.

Yes it is OK! I put up those fiddle tunes to not only get others to contribute but to help along the line of practicing but to provide others with a backing track to practice against. Not real serious about the sound of these fiddle tunes when we record, just doing it as a practice session type of thing and all are free to contribute.
Oldhat

Postby ldpayton » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:06 pm

I agree, oldhat, that not every project needs to be an epic production. Sometimes it's just fun to lay down some quick tracks and not worry about it too much. I hadn't played my LFB mando break in probably a year and was pleasantly surprised that I had retained most of it in my muscle memory. I was recording after only an hour or so of practice.
Larry
ldpayton

PreviousNext

Return to NetGrass Projects