Banjo Ben

Netgrass: Lost Highway

Banjo Ben forum members collaborate online to make recordings. Here is where you can find their projects.

Re: Netgrass: Lost Highway

Postby ozicaveman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:29 pm

Thanks for a great link Larry - the bloke is brilliant! However I just lost about an hour out of my life :roll:
At least I now know who the model was for those Japanese cartoons where the characters have impossibly huge round eyes :shock:
Perform random acts of kindness.
ozicaveman

Postby ozicaveman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:46 pm

On another note, I suddenly had to go to Canberra late yesterday. While I was there I remembered that Franklyn B. Paverty, Canberra's longest running bushband, was playing for an open air dance so I went by to watch them as I'd never seen them play even though I know a few of the members. The bass player was calling and having trouble doing both - one of them saw me there and came over and asked me to sit in, so I ended up playing for 2 hours (good thing they had chord charts).
Was great to play with such good musos! Must have done ok as afterwards they asked me for a contact for the future if they need a bassist to sub. :D
Here's them : http://paverty.com.au
Perform random acts of kindness.
ozicaveman

Postby ldpayton » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:57 pm

Sounds like a good time, ozi. I checked out the band on Youtube, I didn't recognize the songs or the accents, but the music was very familiar. Now we need a Franklyn B. Paverty Youtube video with ozi on bass.
Larry
ldpayton

Postby TNTaylor414 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:42 pm

Sounds good fellers, great job!
Shawn
TNTaylor414

Postby mreisz » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:15 am

Just when you thought this project was dead... I went back and gave it a listen. When I recorded the GTR track, I was just intending it as a base track. I don't remember how it evolved, but I never went back and recorded a new rhythm track. I am thinking about re-doing it with less strumming to leave more room. I was thinking it might sound good to do that and add in some light mando brushing on open chords. Maybe add some GTR and mando noodling. Any thoughts?
Mike

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
mreisz

Postby ldpayton » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:20 pm

I think that's a good idea. I thought we might end up with more going on with that project, but it kind of stalled out.
Larry
ldpayton

Postby mreisz » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:32 pm

Groovy. Wifey is home for a bit, but I'll play with the rhythm guitar in the not too distant future. I might do a few different demos and float them for consideration. Of course, if anyone else wants to do the same, that would be awesome.
Mike

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
mreisz

Postby NathanFiles » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:09 am

Greetings! In my opinion, we got a nice start, guys! And this way we'll need some scratch vocals soon. Also, read more about random facts of kindness which makes us perfect: Image 
NathanFiles

Previous

Return to NetGrass Projects