Banjo Ben

Forum app

Have a question about memberships or the site? Ask it here and Banjo Ben or one of the other members will get back with you ASAP!

Forum app

Postby dsoleil » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:23 pm

Hey y'all,

I'm interested in keeping up on the forum on my phone. I'm curious if there is a forum app that is compatible with this forum or what do people use on their phones to keep up to date?

Thanks so much!
Dave in Atlanta
dsoleil

Re: Forum app

Postby Jim_G » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:30 pm

What would an app bring to the party? I've always found web browsing to work just fine. Just my 2 cents, but then I don't even need a redesign of the current site. I've seen mobile apps for other sites I visit, one notable/relatable is the Free Bluegrass backing track (http://www.fbbts.com), and I still prefer straight web access on that one to the mobile app. I'd especially hate if taking time out to create another app mean less time for developing new lessons.
Jim_G

Re: Forum app

Postby 5stringpreacher » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:09 pm

I think Dave was just wondering if there was an app that this forum is compatible with. Lots of forums link with a main forum server and you can download an app that allows you to access multiple forums from that one app. Yuku is one such example, I believe.

In the same way that you prefer web browsing, Dave may prefer apps, as it seems like he does. Plus, I'm pretty sure Ben has someone else develop all the software stuff instead of taking time away from his teaching.

Usually you can e-mail Andy, one of Ben's helpers to answer questions about software stuff. He could probably give you an answer to this question, Dave. I'm pretty sure he can be reached at andy@banjobenclark.com
I pick, therefore I grin.
5stringpreacher

Return to Questions about the site