Banjo Ben

Banjo Ben Biannual

There is a large percentage of Banjo Ben members that also have their wings...might as well talk about it!

Re: Banjo Ben Biannual

Postby Stich » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:27 pm

It's always exciting landing on a dirt strip for the first time. Here's one that's at a friends house a little ways from me. Had to set the approach just right. No room for errors or go-arounds.
Attachments
critical approach speed.JPG
base -final.JPG
Just before turning final
Jack (aspiring to be a banjo player)
Stich

Postby mreisz » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:34 pm

Hey Jack!
Good to hear from you. That's a nice looking approach.
Mike

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
mreisz

Postby Stich » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:45 pm

Thanks Mike, yeah, I've been overwhelmed in work and personal stuff lately. I've got two airplane interiors I'm working on now and a completed interior out of a Baron that's sitting in my trailer waiting to be installed. I'm gettin' too old for this, but count my blessings that the work keeps coming in.
Jack (aspiring to be a banjo player)
Stich

Postby ldpayton » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:10 pm

Hey, Stich! Been wondering where you went. Hope you're still saving some time for pickin'
Larry
ldpayton

Postby gangel » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:06 am

Ahhh, landing on grass strips, love it, the earth if prepared properly (hence my reference to grass STRIPS) is so forgiving. The down side is mud, snow, water and night, really cramp your approach/landings/takeoffs in most cases, so paved runways are a neccesity if you fly much. I have never had (yet) an emergency off field landing, hope I never do, but you train for it, best you can. My worst case scenario is a night off field landing. Years ago I asked my flight instructor about them, she said "go for a dark area, it might be a farm field, when you get close to the ground, turn on your landing light, and if you don't like what you see, turn it back off and brace for impact", oh brother, fagetaboutit, I'm going for the highway and take my chances with wires and bridges :lol: . Loved the pictures of Ben getting his BFR, his smile reflected his joy!!! God bless ya'll!! :D
Giancarlo Angelini, D.C.
"In God we trust"
Preserve General Aviation.
Proud American Patriot
gangel

Postby Harv » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:11 am

How Cool!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!
All things work together for good.
Harv

Previous