Banjo Ben

Mike's Banjo Mute

Looking for somethin' to pick, or maybe something to pick with? Check out these threads to get some ideas or to ask about a product!

Re: Mike's Banjo Mute

Postby 5stringpreacher » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:20 pm

ldpayton wrote:Probably purchased primarily by the spouse of the picker.

Funny you should say that. My wife bought me one.

I thought it was a ridiculous gag gift at first, but it's come in quite handy when the kids are sleeping and I'm pickin'. I work the night shift, so oftentimes I'm up late on the weekends because my clock is all screwed up, so I stay awake and pick. I actually use it quite a bit.

If those kids or momma was to wake up... Well, I'd ask that you folks make sure I'm buried beneath the willow tree on the south 40.
I pick, therefore I grin.
5stringpreacher

Postby ldpayton » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:56 am

It's rough being a banjo picker. I play guitar half the night and my wife never knows.
Larry
ldpayton

Postby 5stringpreacher » Fri May 02, 2014 10:32 pm

It just got a little rougher. I got a job in the oil field and we now live in a travel trailer.

Slim pickin's.
I pick, therefore I grin.
5stringpreacher

Postby ldpayton » Fri May 02, 2014 11:18 pm

At least it's warm enough to play outside... for now.
Larry
ldpayton

Postby markrocka » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:29 pm

5stringpreacher wrote:
ldpayton wrote:Probably purchased primarily by the spouse of the picker.

Funny you should say that. My wife bought me one.

I thought it was a ridiculous gag gift at first, but it's come in quite handy when the kids are sleeping and I'm pickin'. I work the night shift, so oftentimes I'm up late on the weekends because my clock is all screwed up, so I stay awake and pick. I actually use it quite a bit.

If those kids or momma was to wake up... Well, I'd ask that you folks make sure I'm buried beneath the willow tree on the south 40.

Hey 5SP. Would you believe I stumbled onto this page while Googling info about Mike's Banjo Mute? Good to see someone I "know" giving it the thumbs up. I've been researching the best mute and it seems all signs point to Mike's being the best. The videos I've seen on YouTube seem pretty darned convincing. If you're playing a banjo in a travel trailer while others are sleeping, I think that's the best advertisement I've heard for it yet.

Maybe Ben should become a dealer for Mike's Mutes when the new site launches. :)

Thanks for the feedback, even though it was 3 years ago.

Mark.
markrocka

Previous

Return to Shopping Advice