Banjo Ben

Can't Contact You

Have any questions, comments, or thoughts? Have you spotted a bug? Throw any and all of it here!

Can't Contact You

Postby Jerry M » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:53 am

Ben, been trying off and on to contact you thru the Contact window but after many tries the code words to complete the message will not let me send. No matter large case small case whatever they don't work. I wrote once before about this but never got a response. So I am writing here instead.
I am contacting to let you know how much I have gained from this site. It's not as glitz loaded as a lot of others but content wise I feel it is superior. I have been on here for over a year and have really gotten a world of knowledge and great improvement in my playing. When I first started a few of the tunes I wanted to learn seemed an impossible task and simply let them lay there for many months while I worked on the exercises and learning the picking etc. Now i am seeing it pay off.
One tune I had a heck of a time with was Grandfathers Clock and it took me the longest time, but I am finally playing it now and almost up to full tempo. Your step by step method really does the job for me. True the only one who can make it happen is the student and it can be daunting at times but if you stick with it, it can happen.
A tune I wish you would consider doing is Ragtime Annie if you know it, I saw it performed on acoustic and it was a great picking tune.
In closing just want to say thanks again, there are those of us out here that really appreciate your sharing your amazing talent. I have enjoyed your CD's as well. Jerry in Oregon :mrgreen:
Jerry M

Re: Can't Contact You

Postby mreisz » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:15 pm

Hey Jerry,

I'll send this thread to Andy and Ben to be sure they see it. The captcha stuff seems to be problematic at times. I don't really know, but I think it may be difficult to get it configured to where it doesn't allow spam bots but does allow real humans.

BTW, nice job on Grandfathers Clock. It's an impressive tune.

Have a good one,
Mike

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
mreisz

Postby Jerry M » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:21 pm

Hey how's it going? Ya I tried every thing possible and that thing will not let me send a message, i finally just gave up, have tried several times. Irritating when you type a long note and then can't send it :oops: The I AM A Pilgrim is now my challenge along with Soldiers Joy. I already know one version of Soldiers Joy but want to add Ben's for more interest. I learned his cross pick version a while back. I also wish he would put up more cross picking tunes, I use Wabash Cannonball as a practice tune for picking, has really improved my ability. I wish now I had taken the lifetime membership a ways back I notice now it's lots more money, fixed income doesn't allow it now. Well have a great day and I'll talk at you later........Jerry :lol:
Jerry M

Postby mreisz » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:02 pm

All is well here, how about you? I am a pilgrim is a great song. I never worked the advanced version up to speed but I play a variant of the crosspicked version pretty often just for funsies. I actually played it at a little jam the other night and that was enjoyable. I haven't been working on my BG like a good boy for a few months. I look forward to hitting Ben's Soldier's Joy as well. I had a version I used to play, but it was quite a bit different.

You have a great day as well,
Mike

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
mreisz

Postby Jerry M » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:33 am

Hi again Mike, I got an email last night from Andy thanks for contacting them. At least now I know a way to get in touch without the spam problem
I don't write very often but when I get something that I feel is truly worthwhile I like to let people know. So many sites out there now that are just a waste of time. This one has proven quite valuable to me.
I know you have met and spent time with Ben so pass on my thanks to him............Jerry :mrgreen:
Jerry M

Return to Site Feedback