Banjo Ben

Lesson Feedback

Have any questions, comments, or thoughts? Have you spotted a bug? Throw any and all of it here!

Lesson Feedback

Postby bmespino » Sun May 21, 2017 7:12 am

Hey BanjoBen, I really love your site and have been a goldpick member for over a year now. I love how it's enhanced my private lessons as well as provided my son (plays the mando) and I (play the banjer) the ability to play together. I just went through your Amazing Grace lesson and I was struck by how different this one was. I think this was perhaps the BEST beginner lesson. What really helped me was the words along with the melody notes. That really helped cement in my head where the song was in relation to all of the other filler. My main problem with figuring out a break is sensing where the words fall within the melody. If I could just humbly request that all of your beginning lessons be modeled after the Amazing Grace, it may help others who struggle with the melody in between all of the roles and licks.

Thank you for your efforts.
Brian

PS - I'd love to see an East Virginia Blues build a break as I can't find a good one (or any for that matter) out there.
bmespino

Re: Lesson Feedback

Postby mreisz » Mon May 22, 2017 10:03 am

I agree that was a good one. That ended up being my wife's first successful song for picking out a melody. We have had a good time (and much time spent) playing that song. We alternate back and forth with the melody.
Mike

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
mreisz

Postby Banjo Ben » Mon May 22, 2017 10:49 am

Brian, thank you SO much for the feedback and kind words! I'm moving more in that direction, for sure. I really appreciate this post, and it helps me greatly to know how to best serve my students. Thank you!
- G LICK!!!
Banjo Ben
Site Admin

Postby jez » Fri May 26, 2017 1:16 pm

Ben
It's gone a bit quiet on new lessons/new site news. Are you busy getting ready for the launch? Could you give us an update?
Thanks
Jez
jez

Postby 5stringpreacher » Fri May 26, 2017 5:11 pm

Hey Jez,

Just like all of us, I'm sure you can't wait for the next lesson to come out! Thanks for your patience while this transition takes place. I know Ben is hard at work getting the new site put together for us and is anxious to launch it as soon as possible.
I pick, therefore I grin.
5stringpreacher

Postby Banjo Ben » Mon May 29, 2017 10:47 am

jez wrote:Ben
It's gone a bit quiet on new lessons/new site news. Are you busy getting ready for the launch? Could you give us an update?
Thanks
Jez

Hey Jez! I'm working hard buddy and should be a few more weeks. I'll be releasing some lessons throughout June, but keep in mind that there will be quite a few new lessons on the site when it launches. Thanks for your patience!
- G LICK!!!
Banjo Ben
Site Admin

Return to Site Feedback